Both POP3 and IMAP protocol are used for email retrieval process.
- Pop protocol downloads the mail from the server, stores it locally and deletes from the server.
- POP3 is useful only when you access email from only one computer.
- POP3 is a one-way communication.
- All mails are stored locally and without internet connection we can access them.
- When the mail is accidentally deleted, we cannot recover it.
- IMAP protocol connects the remote server, caches the mail locally and then disconnects from the server.
- IMAP is useful when you want access e-mail from multiple systems.
- IMAP is a 2-way communication